Opportunity via Snappcar
What’s in it for you at SnappCar?
Did you know that over 250 million cars in Europe are standing still up to 23 hours a day? Just imagine the space and resources that are being wasted! So, let’s stop this inefficiency.
Joining SnappCar’s mission will be an adventure and life-changing experience. Why? Because we’re making a durable impact on the world by changing mobility from car ownership to car sharing. How? By providing a fully reliable and user-friendly car sharing marketplace. In other words, a community in which thousands of car owners can easily and safely rent out their cars to other people in their cities and neighborhoods.
And it’s working! SnappCar is a rapidly growing scale-up and certified B Corp on its way to becoming the leading car sharing community in Europe. Our ambitious and disruptive mission: 5 million fewer cars on the road in Europe in 2022 in order to reduce pollution and create more space for us all. A bold goal, yes. But definitely achievable!
At SnappCar you’ll be joining a young, entrepreneurial and international bunch of professionals. We collaborate closely together from our offices in Utrecht (HQ), Berlin, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Day in day out we take great pride in what we do and strive to become the best to make that impact on the world. We all work hard and play by our core values:
✓ self-propellingness ✓ dare2choose ✓ be brutally honest ✓ think opposite ✓ stay foolish!
What we like you to do
- Be a valued senior member of our front-end guild responsible for the definition, evangelization and enforcement of our front-end architecture, principles, best practices and conventions.
- oversee and review work of other front-enders and set out roadmaps together for big projects;
- Guide other front-end team members when needed;
- work closely together with our experienced back-end developers (.NET and Node.js) and UX designers to reach our ambitious goal: becoming the biggest and most user friendly P2P car sharing platform in Europe;
- handle pull-requests from your fellow developers, research and analyze our codebase and rack your brain to come up with awesome improvements;
- invest heavily in keeping up-to-date with the latest front-end principles, technologies and ways of working;
- share your knowledge and parts of our code with the rest of the world on GitHub and, if you like, even on stage at meet-ups and conferences!
What you bring to the table
- solid experience with software patterns, front-end frameworks, and SEO;
- a clear understanding of the value of a great UX because you’re willing to walk the extra mile to deliver that to our users;
- a mindset driven by positivity, creativity, scalability, and agility to create the best user-friendly results together with your other amazing developers;
- you like to think and work horizontally, that’s why you fit perfectly into our free and informal culture and our strong believe in ownership instead of management;
- And last but not least… be ready to conquer Europe with us. We are changing the current market in full scale-up mode!
Big bonus points:
Our front-end stack is build up using TypeScript, webpack, Angular 2+ and Sass. We’re strong believers of reactive programming (RxJS), we use Jenkins for CI and Git / Bitbucket for source control. Our back-end is build up using .NET and Node.js. Experience or at least strong affinity with any of these technologies is a big plus so let us know what you already know!
What we offer you
- Being part of an amazing scale-up and making an actual impact on the world;
- working in an international team with a bunch of very creative and driven colleagues from over 10 different nationalities;
- a well-equipped HQ in the center of Utrecht and offices in Stockholm, Copenhagen and Berlin;
- a competitive salary plus 8% holiday pay;
- unlimited vacation days so you can relax in between all your hard work;
- flexible working hours because we believe in a good work-life balance;
- all the tooling you need to be successful such as a laptop / MacBook and extra screens;
- travel & business expenses so you can actually get to the office and go places;
- free rides (SnappCar credits) and you get to drive our SnappTesla Model S;
- delicious daily lunches, snacks & free drinks;
- hoverboard lessons from our fast-paced CEO 😉
- lots of fun, teambuilding, events and celebrating successes together!
What’s that? Are you in?
Is it really you we’ve described just now? Awesome! Send us your CV, a motivation and trigger us with your best work /code! If you have any questions upfront, contact me, Maarten Reeders, via email@example.com or +31 6 122 218 51 and I’ll be happy to answer you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.
Apply at Snappcar.nl