Opportunity via WeWorkRemotely
The Remote Year Travel team manages all “group travel” services (monthly transitions between RY cities) for hundreds of RY customers each month in groups of 40-80 people, as well as “individual travel” services such as side trips, deviations, and upgrades/extras. Most of our team’s current focus is on air travel, although we manage some ground transfers already, and our scope is growing. We are a licensed travel agency, providing services exclusively to RY and its customers.
This is a key role supporting the Travel Director with the planning and administration of all group travel execution, including: group flight bookings, pre-transition logistics, communications (internally and with customers), budget forecasting and financial tracking, etc. Initially, the role will be a skilled individual contributor; over time (with program growth) a small team is likely to be built around group travel services, and a top performer will have the possibility to develop as a team manager. This role can be based anywhere.
- Search and calculate optimal routing and travel fares for group travel based on specific preferences.
- Manage the booking process for group travel from quote collection through to issuing tickets.
- Ensure all group travel is within budget.
- Accurately track all financials in relation to the group travel bookings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the airlines to build towards strong partnerships which will help Remote Year to exceed its goals.
- Assist in pre-travel arrangements, including flight check-ins and seat selection.
- Manage and reply to relevant travel change requests from Remotes directly.
- Research and propose relevant “ extras” to improve the travel experience.
- Manage and grow the routing database for the team to ensure we have up to date information to base itinerary decisions off.
- Assist with internal travel bookings for other staff.
- Manage our corporate mileage accounts ensuring we are using them to their best potential.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 3 years experience in one or more of the following: travel industry (airline, corporate travel, or travel agency preferred), hospitality, and/or customer service.
- Budgeting experience- ability to build, track and beat budgets.
- Data skills – amazing attention to detail and confidence in dealing with large amounts of numerical and non-numerical data.
- Organization skills – great time management skills, ability to multitask.
- Communications skills – ability to handle multiple, constant communication channels; ability to effectively communicate with program teams and with customers directly.
Nice to Have:
- Experience negotiating group contracts with travel service providers (ideally airlines)
- Experience with GDS platforms (ideally w/ Amadeus)
- Extensive personal travel experience
Apply at We Work Remotely