Opportunity via WeWorkRemotely
Born from the global movement spawned by Eric Ries’ book, The Lean Startup, Lean Startup Company offers the most exciting education solutions in modern management available today.
A cutting-edge methodology, Lean Startup principles provide a scientific approach to problem-solving and a framework for innovation, so you can learn what your customers really want. It’s about testing continuously, so you can effectively adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
LSCo’s year-round education efforts bring the entrepreneurial spirit to all types of organizations and help them transform how they work. We serve every size company and sector of the economy – from the the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions. The industry looks to us for practical knowledge and valuable lessons in modern management. Through our various media and live events efforts, we aim to serve our highly engaged community members with professional, high quality, and practical content.
Our annual Lean Startup Conference brings the big ideas from Eric Ries’s books off the page to show how organizations are making them real around the world. Alongside keynotes and case studies, we offer workshops for an immersive experience, breaking off a chunk of practice and working through it with seasoned experts. We bring the world’s brightest minds in entrepreneurial management together with entrepreneurs and corporate innovators, in one place, to share challenges, inspiration and learning.
As the Lean Startup movement grows, there’s a growing need to connect those who want to learn with those who want to help them move towards working the Startup Way. And Lean Startup Co. is the answer.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the home base for the Lean Startup movement, we have a hearty community of enthusiastic followers. And now we are seeking a creative, analytical and metrics-driven Director of Marketing who has a proven track record of championing new marketing ideas and initiatives to accelerate our impact.
Come join us if you’re ready to help us help our customers solve the world’s biggest problems.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have experience delivering results in these four areas of core competency:
- You have proven experience developing and leading company marketing strategy and vision and implementing innovative marketing and media initiatives to drive sales and revenue growth.
- You’ve lead a high performing marketing team at 1+ startups and have a track record of successful outcomes using data-driven decision making.
- You can share stories showing your uncanny ability to stay ahead of the curve by covering emerging trends, partnering with high-quality industry experts and testing and implementing multi-channel campaigns and initiatives to 1) increase audience reach and brand awareness and 2) drive customer engagement and acquisition.
- You understand that your team supports the sales team’s ability to excel. You are their partner in crime and understand that your successful marketing initiatives will ultimately help drive growth.
- Not only are you a marketing extraordinaire, but you are also financially savvy.
- Sure, there are plenty of folks that can show how they produce results from their marketing efforts, but you also demonstrate a deep understanding of the business and delicate balance between marketing spend and results.
- You have a track record of developing, setting and managing ambitious and actionable marketing goals, forecasts, and operating budgets that are aligned to target metrics.
- You believe in and practice financial stewardship.
- You have experience honing product positioning, messaging and branding to effectively A) tell a brand’s story across new industry verticals and geographies and B) to drive sales and revenue growth.
- This isn’t your first time selling and marketing product offerings in the consulting services space. You can share stories about how you’ve positioned products for entry into new markets and verticals (including leveraging pricing strategies). You have proven success refining, or repositioning, product offerings and know the impact of this effort on the business (sales conversion rates, revenue, etc).
- You can clearly communicate the value of the last few products you sold/marketed and how it is the ideal solution for your customer’s problems. You can share unique content pieces that have positioned your company as a thought leader.
- Track record of leading and managing a successful marketing team
- You have 3+ years of experience with and enjoy recruiting, hiring, coaching and developing a high performing team.
- Your passion and drive is contagious and inspires your team towards a common goal.
In this role, you’ll spearhead initiatives that align the marketing strategy and vision across the whole company, with an initial strong focus on driving the marketing for our annual flagship conference. You will:
- Develop and drive company-wide marketing and media campaigns/initiatives aimed to:
- Increase reach, engagement and brand awareness
- Improve product offerings, product positioning and messaging (including sales and marketing collateral)
- Test, report on, learn and iterate from the outcomes of those initiatives
- Lead the marketing team by spearheading initiatives like:
- Customer and Product research, discovery and development
- Product refinement (re-positioning) and messaging
- Collecting proof points from customers (e.g., case studies)
- Product/vertical marketing
- Channel marketing, demand generation and customer acquisition
- Corporate branding, internal and external
- Partner marketing
- Thought leadership content marketing
- Ensure marketing message and brand consistency across sales, marketing and the company as a whole.
You’ll fit right into this role and our team if:
- You’re curious and resourceful. You LOVE solving problems and aren’t afraid to admit you are obsessed with getting the details right.
- You have experience with, and ENJOY working for a growing startup. You’ll work directly with the Co-Founder and must love the balance you need in this role of big picture strategic thinking and rolling up your sleeves and getting into the details.
- You love that we’re seeking a fresh voice and leader to step in. You’re excited to be the architect that builds out the marketing function and to steer a well-run ship and team.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and urgency as it relates to the health of the company.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You are open to feedback, take ownership of your mistakes, and love applying your lessons learned to get 10x better.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- You are assertive, fair, and capable of directing others and implementing projects with little to no supervision.
- You work well with cross-functional teams and hold yourself accountable for your actions.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or related field preferred. MBA or other related graduate degree a plus.
- 6+ years of Marketing experience, with at least 3 years of experience leading a team.
- Familiarity with and enjoy working remotely and collaboratively (Slack, Zoom, Google apps).
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize many different tasks simultaneously, and enjoy collaborating with a wide range of teams.
- Experience with Google Analytics (report generation & analysis)
- Bonus if you have marketing experience in Lean Startup, tech and/or innovation space.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- We encourage growth.
- You’ll have your very own Lean Startup coach to support practicing Lean Startup methods in achieving marketing outcomes (i.e., A/B testing, leading indicators, actionable metrics, etc.)
- You can work from wherever you want, as long as you have a working laptop and solid internet connection.
- We’re a 100% remote team using fun collaborative tools.
- We encourage unplugging and prefer you don’t check email while you’re away.
- Big impact.
- If you’ve ever wanted to be in the middle of it all and leave a legacy, this is it. The work we do will go down in history as powerfully-transformative.
- We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Our global community will give you a front row seat to the challenges they’re facing around innovation. Better yet, you get to help them solve their problems.
The position is a 100% remote, full-time role, but we ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. and 2) available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
*Note – We understand that you are eager to hear back from us. We receive a lot of applications and cannot respond to all of them. Please do not reach out to us regarding your application. If there is a mutual fit, we will contact you to move forward with the next steps in the process.
Apply at WeWorkRemotely