Opportunity via Fairphone
We are looking for a UX Designer to become part of our growing team of passionate people who work to achieve our mission. If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a look at our vacancy below.
- Amsterdam-based position.
- Start: As soon as possible.
- Hours: 40 hours.
- Deadline to apply: We review applications on a rolling basis. Please apply as soon as possible.
About your Role
As our new UX Designer you will collaborate with the Product Owner, the development team, business partners, and end users to analyze business requirements and needs. Those requirements are translated into wireframes & prototypes. You will be responsible to oversee the whole process, from inception to the final release and make sure everything that was intended is implemented.
- You feel a strong connection with Fairphone’s vision and values.
- You have a strong sense of initiative, like to collaborate and have a positive attitude.
- You embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, and backgrounds and feel good working with many nationalities in a multicultural environment.
- You have a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving and you are eager to learn through experimentation.
- You are a team player with excellent communications skills, who is curious by nature and takes ownership at work.
- You have the ability to integrate yourself in the work environment of a startup company that is fast paced and determined by change.
- You (are willing to) live in the Netherlands.
- Optimizing experiences that meet our customers’ expectations to bring simplicity, user friendliness and to maximize engagement and sales opportunities.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Working closely with teams of marketers, creatives and developers to solve particular challenges and user problems.
- Creating UX deliverables (wireframes, process flows, user journeys, etc.) for a variety of channels from web pages and flows to emails.
- Driving the design/development process from concept to testing and execution.
- Identifying customers behaviors and needs through data, research and analysis.
- Translating user research and user feedback into tangible product improvement.
- Establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards that will be followed by the Development team.
- Developing the art of usability and interaction design across Fairphone functions through collaboration, tools and methods.
Your Skills & Experiences
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a UX/UI designer working with web based companies.
- You are proficient in visual design and wire-framing tools as well as in Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools (familiar with Invision and Craft).
- You have solid experience in creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and sitemaps.
- You can rapidly draft some sketches or produce a prototype and is not afraid to go out and collect feedback.
- You have experience with leading and facilitating creative sessions like design sprints, co-creation sessions and/or other types of multi-disciplinary sessions to tackle design challenges.
- You know how to work with Google Analytics, HotJar and how to find a story in the data by extensively analyzing it.
- You have an understanding of web technologies — HTML/CSS/JS, it’s important to know how the pieces fit together and what is/isn’t possible.
- You have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- You have knowledge and experience in conversion optimization, digital marketing, and/or consumer psychology and research is a plus.
What can Fairphone offer you?
- Fairphone gives you the opportunity to create impact across continents.
- Join a work environment full of international, passionate, warm hearted team members.
- Daily, healthy lunch, organic fairchain coffee, lemonade and many more tasty things for a low, monthly contribution.
- Public transport allowance – we support you if you come by public transport.
- Bike allowance – we support you for a bike purchase with up to 300 Euros.
- In-house bike repairs.
- Weekly Yoga sessions at the office.
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions with personal trainer.
- Weekly Dutch lessons with a language teacher at the office.
- You can cook at the office on Fairphone’s costs.
- Compensation in accordance with local market standards.
If this sounds like you, you could be our new UX Designer and together with us work on Fairphone’s mission: to create a fairer economy.